The federal government has announced that Settlement Program services, which are typically only available to permanent residents, will be extended until March 31, 2023, for temporary residents in Canada eligible under the CUAET. Key services that are available to Ukrainians as they settle into their new communities in Canada include: language training; information about and orientation to life in Canada, such as help with enrolling children in school; information and services to help access the labour market, including mentoring, networking, counselling, skills development and training; activities that promote connections with communities; assessments of other needs Ukrainians may have and referrals to appropriate agencies; services targeted to the needs of women, seniors, youth and LGBTQ2+ persons; and other settlement supports available through the settlement program.
Find out how to prepare for your journey to Canada, what you can expect when you arrive at this link.
Information is available to Ukrainians arriving in different provinces:
- Alberta’s government is prioritizing the assessment of applications for permanent residency made by Ukrainian nationals. For more information and additional measures visit here.
- British Columbia launched a website Welcoming Ukraine to help Ukrainians, who have come to the province in search of safety.
- Manitoba established a reception centre for Ukrainians and offers continuous support for the new arrivals. Read more
- New Brunswick supports for Ukraine are described here.
- Newfoundland and Labrador launched a registration process for Ukrainians arriving in the province and are offering information in both English and Ukrainian on their government website.
- The Province of Nova Scotia partnered with the YMCA to provide more support for Ukrainian newcomers arriving in Nova Scotia. For a full list of support measures in English and Ukrainian visit
- The Ontario government has announced support programs for Ukrainians in Ontario. The full list of immigration measures and settlement support offered by Ontario for Ukrainians can be found here. If you are new to Ontario, you can find answers to common questions in Ukrainian on these websites: org, Dopomoha.ca , cuias.org
- The Government of Prince Edward Island is offering support through Immigrant & Refugee Services Association. For more details click
- The Province of Quebec launched a dedicated telephone line and email to inform and guide Ukrainians arriving in the province. Welcoming Ukrainians to Quebec page can be accessed
- The Government of Saskatchewan is committed to welcoming an unlimited number of individuals and families who are fleeing the conflict in Ukraine. Read more
- Yukon has the Ukrainian family support desk, which provides help and resources for people impacted by the ongoing situation in Ukraine. To learn more, see
- To get more information about settlement in the Northwest Territories visit their government website here.
- For programs and services in Nunavut visit their government website here .