Contest Period and Sponsor:
- Contest Period begins at March 4, 2019 at 12:01 am ET and closes on March 18, 2019 at 11:59 pm ET.
- Ukrainian Canadian Business and Professional Association of Toronto (“UCPBA”) is the Sponsor.
How to Enter:
- There is only one way to enter the UCPBA 2019 Member Survey Draw (the “Contest”). During the Contest Period (1) visit the survey URL, (2) complete the survey with your feedback, (3) agree to these official contest rules by providing your e-mail address, and (4) click “Done”. and you will be automatically entered into the Contest.
- One entry per person during the Contest Period, regardless of method of entry. Deadline to enter is March 18, 2019 at 11:59 pm ET. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the computer servers of the Sponsor. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
- Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, mechanically reproduced, submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, unauthorized, prohibited or illicit means, contain false or invalid information, included in a bulk-drop off (e.g. multiple entries submitted by the same entrant), submitted on behalf of another person, or entries that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these Rulesas determined by Sponsor (collectively, “Ineligible and/or Invalid Entries”), in its sole and absolute discretion, may be judged void. All entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned.
Random Draw and Winner Confirmation:
- A random draw will be held on or about March 19, 2019 in Toronto, Ontario from all entries received during the Contest Period. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- Selected entrants will be notified by email and/or telephone within five (5) business days of the draw. To be confirmed a winner, selected entrant must (a) respond to the email and/or telephone notification within five (5) business days of it being sent, (b) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; (c) be in full compliance with these Official Rules, and if required by Sponsor, provide proof of identity; and (d) complete, execute and return a Declaration of Compliance with Official Rules and Full Release of Liability and Consent to Publicity Form (“Form”) within ten (10) business days (see Rules 14 and 15 below). Proof of identity, including proof that selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the email address associatedwith the selected entry, must be provided upon request. If any selected entrant cannot be contacted and confirmed a winner as above, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, his/her entitlement to receive a prize may be forfeited, and prize may be awarded to an alternate eligible entrant. Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
- There are a total of three (3) prizes available to be won, consisting of (1) a bottle of Rosewood wine (approximate retail value $20), (2) a bottle of Khor vodka (approximate retail value $30), and (3) a Halenda’s gift certificate (approximate retail value $25)
- Limit of one (1) prize per household address. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, transfer, exchange or assignment. Prizes are non-refundable, not convertible to cash, and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Prizes are provided “as is” without representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind. Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value (based on the approximate retail value of the prize as stated in these Official Rules), including without limitation, a cash award, if the prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. If any prize is undeliverable for any reason whatsoever, the winner will forfeit his/her prize and the prize will not be re-awarded nor re-delivered at a later date. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
- To be eligible, you must be a legal resident residing in Canada, excluding Quebec, and have reached the age of majority in your province or territory of residence.
- You are not eligible if you are: (1) an employee, officer, director, agent or representative of Sponsor, its affiliates (including parent, sister, related and subsidiarycompanies), or other party in any way involved in the development or administration of this Contest, including advertising, promotional or public relations agencies, suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest, or a member of the immediate family (spouse, including common law, parent, sibling or child, regardless of where they reside) or household member of any such employee,officer, director, agent or representative.Groups, associations and entities cannot participate.
- By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Official Rules and agree to abide and be bound by them and all decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Contest and the awarding of prizes.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entrant that it finds to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with theentry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or (d) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. Any prize inadvertently awarded to a selected entrant who ought to have been disqualified by these Official Rules may be reclaimed by Sponsor. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND TO BAN OR DISQUALIFY AN ENTRANT FROM THIS AND FUTURE CONTESTS.
Release of liability / Consent to publicity:
- By entering the Contest, you: (i) confirm compliance with the Official Rules; (ii) confirm that if you are confirmed a winner, you consent to the use of your name, city, comments or statements regarding the Contest, photographs, voice, image and/or other likenesses and all other indiciaof personality,for publicity, general news, entertainment, advertising and informational purposes by Sponsor and its affiliates (including, without limitation, any parent, sister, related and subsidiary companies), including any publicity carried out with respect to the Contest, without further notice or compensation;and (iii) release Sponsor, its affiliates (including, without limitation, any parent, sister, related and subsidiary companies), suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest and other parties in any way involved in the development or administration of this Contest(including advertising, promotional and public relations agencies), and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, representatives, partners, licensees, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees“) from and against any and all manner of action, causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, claims, liabilities, demand or damages (including legal fees and expenses), of any nature or kind, arising out of, or in connection with your participation or attempted participation in the Contest and the awarding or use of a prize, including as set out below in the Limitation of Liabilitysection.
Limitation of liability:
- Releasees do not accept or assume any responsibility for, and each entrant releases Releasees from any and all claims, actions, damages, loss, injury, costs, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising in connection with the Contest and/or prizes including, without limitation, the administration of the Contest, participation or attempted participation in the Contest, the selection and confirmation of winners, and the awarding and use of prizes. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, Releasees arenot responsible for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information; (ii) Ineligible and/or Invalid entries; (iv) any failure of, errors, or problems with websites, processes or materials associated with the Contest, including any website feature, howsoever caused, including without limitation, any human or technical errors or malfunctions, lost, delayed or garbled data, transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, technical malfunctions of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, postal delays, strikes or failures, (vi) injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (vii) any website functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (viii) any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in any Contest-related materials howsoever caused; (ix) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise.
- This Contest will be run in accordance with these Official Rules. The Official Rules at <https://ucpba.ca/contest-rules/> shall govern in the event of any inconsistency with other Contest-related materials.
- In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account, as assigned by the internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the rightto modify or terminate the Contest and amend the Official Rules at any time, without individual notice, and for any reason. In no event will morethan the stated number of prizes be awarded.
- All entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants.
- This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. To the extent permitted by law, any dispute arising from this Contest will be determined according to the laws of the Province of Ontario, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Toronto, Ontario and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
- Sponsor collects and uses entrants’ personal information for the purpose of administering this Contest and awarding prizes. The winner’s name may be listed in Sponsor’s materials, website or e-mail marketing. Entrants will receive no marketing communications unless they consent.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates, unless otherwise indicated. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.